Just wanted to say thanks to you for your assistance and support!!! I have been amazed at the information and team support I have received in just one week since joining KCNPNM.
Bonnie French, PMHNP - Elizabethtown
||"The leadership of KCNPNM keeps me informed of legislative issues. Even though I’m a busy solo practitioner, they make it easy for me to express my concerns with legislators in Frankfort”.|
"Shortly after graduation I faced a dilemma.
I put my question out to KCNPNM's membership
and received prompt, excellent advice.
Experienced practitioners saved me from
making a bad decision regarding an employment
contract. It is reassuring to know I am a member
of a supportive and helpful organization”.
Benefits and opportunities of membership
• Be a part of a vibrant and dynamic group of fellow APRNs
• Stay informed with up-to-the-minute information
• Have your concerns answered, discuss issues, share your wisdom and experience
• Review job postings at our on-line Career Center
• Post your resume or CV for potential employers to view
• Advertise APRN job openings
• View events of interest on our calendar
• Be eligible for scholarship money awarded to students members of KCNPNM who meet the criteria
• Network and socialize with APRNs from all over the region at our annual absolutely terrific conference
• Develop your leadership skills by serving on vital committees
• Support and sponsor legislative initiatives that improve quality of care and promote the practice of Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Midwives
• Learn how to become a proactive APRN and further your profession
Our organization exists to:
1. Provide a continuing education forum, including an annual conference, for members and other APRNs.
2. Initiate and support legislation, and other pertinent issues, affecting APRN roles, education and practice.
3. Provide an exchange of employment options for nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, and employers.
4. Promote public recognition of APRN practice.
5. Facilitate collaboration between APRNs and other health care professionals for the improvement of health care in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
6. Encourage and support research related to APRNs and the delivery of health care services.