APPLICATION DEADLINE February 14, 2017
Eligibility and Rules
1. Currently be enrolled in an accredited MSN, DNP or PhD program in nursing.
2. Have a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale for all graduate work or last 3 academic semesters if no graduate work has been completed.
3. Have a minimum of 1 semester remaining prior to graduation from APRN preparatory or doctoral program.
4. Agree, upon notification of winning, to be responsible for any taxes assessed on the award by state, local, or federal agencies.
5. Be a current member of KCNPNM. (Students must either live in Kentucky or be enrolled in a Kentucky program)
FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS OR COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF THE COMPETITION WILL RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF THE ENTRY.
How to apply:
1. Application must be made online at KCNPNM Scholarship Application
2. Application deadline is 11:59 PM on February 14, 2017.
3. Submissions become the property of the KCNPNM and will NOT be returned to the applicant.
How entries will be judged:
1. There are 6 categories for judging: academics, professional involvement, financial need, recommendation, personal and professional goals, and short essay.
2. There are 30 points possible during the judging process. In the event of a tie involving more than two entries with the highest score, the KCNPNM president will perform the tie-breaking review. The entry with the highest score after that review will be declared the winner. There are no consolation awards.
3. The ruling by the judges is FINAL. Contesting the final judgment will not be permitted.
4. Judging will be carried out by members of the Scholarship Committee, excluding the chair.
KCNPNM Scholarship Requirements and Application Overview
REQUIREMENT A - Demographics
The first section of the online applications includes your name, address, phone numbers, email address, school, program of study, enrollment date, and anticipated date of graduation.
REQUIREMENT B - Supporting Documentation
Please prepare the following 5 parts in a single PDF document. You will upload this document during the application process. Please remove all mentions of your name or other identifying information.
Part 1 - Resume/CV
List all professional activities, including years of memberships in professional organizations, and explanations of your participation. Remove your name and street address.
Part 2 - Personal and Professional Goals
In 250 words or less, submit your statement of personal and professional goals. Doctoral students should include information on research intentions, and how their opportunities as a doctorally prepared APRN will benefit society.
Part 3 - Statement of Need
In 250 words or less, prepare your personal attestation of financial need. Include the total percentage of your self-funded school-related expenses. This calculation should be based on tuition, fees, books, and required materials NOT covered by scholarships, grants, or other sources of assistance. You may explain any extenuating or extraordinary circumstances you would like to have considered as needed, within the 250 word limit.
Part 4 - Essay
Write an essay, 350-500 words, titled "The Benefits of Belonging". Describe how professional relationships are forged, partnerships built and the profession is advanced by being an active member in a state NP organization.
Part 5 - Letter of Recommendation
Include a cover page and a letter of recommendation written for you by an APRN, faculty member, or professional colleague. The only identifying information on the recommendation itself should be your student ID number. The letter must not to be written on letterhead. Members of the KCNPNM Board of Directors and Scholarship Committee are prohibited from writing recommendations for these awards.
SCAN ALL FIVE PARTS INTO ONE PDF DOCUMENT (AFTER REMOVING ALL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION) TO COMPLETE "REQUIREMENT B"
REQUIREMENT C - Transcripts
Request your official graduate transcripts for 3 most recent academic semesters. Undergraduate transcripts may be submitted if no graduate work has been completed. Transcripts must be mailed to KCNPNM c/o Karen M. Scheich; 130 N. Saint Gregory Church Road; Cox’s Creek, KY 40013-7445. The deadline for receipt of transcripts is March 5, 2017.
REQUIREMENT D - Attestation
Your submission of the online application affirms that you have read and understand these requirements; that your submission is true and accurate; and that you agree, upon notification of winning, to be responsible for any taxes assessed on the award by state, local, or federal agencies.
FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS OR COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF THE COMPETITION WILL RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY.